Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Musing Out Loud: Langkawi

Langkawi was often advertised in the local classifieds, packaged with tours for the Singaporean families to embark on, thus it has always appeared to me as an ‘uncool’ destination.

However, the wikitravel page seems interesting enough, and everybody that I know that has been to Langkawi told me there are many monkeys to be seen, so I decided to plan a trip to Langkawi for my 4th anniversary.

Langkawi was just under 1.5hours flight from Singapore, a gem of an island, off the northwestern coast of Malaysia, lies just south of Thailand, and was once under Thai rule, which explains the strong Thai influences there.

Accomodation
I scoured through travel sites and tripadvisor to help me decide on a nice place to stay, and I had opted for Casa Del Mar, on the Pantai Cenang side of the island, with a great view of sunset. Casa Del Mar was also top on the tripadvisor list for their cosy and comfortable beds, personalised services and proximity to the local shops, which I thought was very suitable to what we were looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment