Thursday, November 12, 2009

Langkawi Island Adventures

 

Wow, time is flying by! I looked at when I wrote last, and it was already over a week ago! I knew that as soon as I started working hard again and felt busy, that life would start to fly by! I can't believe its already mid November. And the rest of the month is going to go by faster than I'd like I think!
LANGKAWI
This past weekend I went to the island of Langkawi. It was like a proper 2 day Spring Break! One of the biggest perks about being in this part of the world is that you can be surrounded by big city life, dirty streets, loud buses flying by, and trash all over the streets, and then in 1 hour by flight, you can be in paradise! I found myself in paradise again this past weekend! Langkawi was beautiful and in my opinion, 10 times better than Tioman. Although Tioman is known around the world for its snorkling, Langkawi is more my style when it comes to a get-away! The island is quite large, so there is a lot to do. I heard of all the amazing things we could've done, but 2 days wasn't quite enough time to fit that in!
My roommates had asked if I wanted to go with the to the island the week I moved in, and my first question was, "Are other girls going as well?" They responded, "Yeah definitely". So i was like, "I'm in!" Of course boys are not going to have the same priorities as I will on an island vacation (working on my tan) so I need other girls there to hang out with! Well turns out, there were other girls that went, but they weren't particularily friendly so that was unfortunate. But, the guys were so much fun. I felt like their sister all weekend. I felt at home because they teased me and never let me get away with very seldom stupid things that I'd say. I had so much fun with them. And let me tell you, they know how to party.  The island has proper roads, which Tioman didnt, and there were so many restaurants and different beach bars, etc. But I can't compare Langkawi really to anywhere else I've been. Its not like beaches in FL, nor Mexico. But I loved it. It would be so easy for me to stay there for a week at least. I hope to make it back to the Island again, maybe before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment